Prepare For Mega-Change with a Mommy Makeover
There are several aspects of life that change when a woman becomes a mother. Historically, her shape has been one of them. It doesn’t have to be. Whether you are chasing after toddlers or watching your children raise children, you can reclaim your body with a Mommy Makeover.
Mommy Makeover treatment has become increasingly popular in recent years. We speak with many women who desire a cosmetic change not because they don’t love their body but because they do. They want their body to be what they envision and they realize that a combination of procedures provides them with the best opportunity to look like they feel.
What is involved in a Mommy Makeover?
One of the greatest advantages of a Mommy Makeover is that it can cover a lot of ground or a little. Some women focus treatment on the abdominal area and some include breast shaping in their process. The journey looks different for everyone. Some of the common procedures that are involved include:
- Liposuction. Nearly everyone has some stubborn fat they’d like to get rid of. Liposuction is an excellent way to do that. This fat-reduction technique can be performed on the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, or other areas as needed to refine body shape.
- Abdominoplasty. Tummy tuck surgery is the cornerstone of Mommy Makeover cases because this technique pulls the stomach muscles back together after the stretching of pregnancy. After a tummy tuck, Mom’s belly is once again nice and flat.
- Breast shaping. There are multiple ways in which the breasts can be reshaped during a Mommy Makeover. Implants can be placed to give the breasts more volume. A breast lift can restore height and overall shape and projection to the breasts without adding implants. Some women choose breast reduction and lift to achieve their desired appearance.
Yes, You Can Take Time for a Mommy Makeover
One of the biggest challenges Mom’s face is finding time for themselves. A Mommy Makeover doesn’t need to be postponed for the “right time.” With a little help around the house, Mom can focus on healing for approximately 2 weeks and then get back to life as usual. Tips for a speedy recovery include:
- Prepare ahead of time by following a nourishing diet. Fresh foods support the body processes that are needed for physical healing.
- Stop smoking. Chemicals in cigarettes impede healing by inhibiting the oxygen uptake in soft tissues.
- Limit alcohol consumption. For a few days before surgery and the weeks afterward, patients are encouraged to avoid alcohol. This reduces the risk of bleeding and post-operative bruising.
- Rest, don’t rush. A Mommy Makeover is a big deal. Healing will occur more quickly when time is devoted to physical and mental rest.
Return to your best body with a Mommy Makeover. Contact our office to schedule your consultation with Dr. Rosenthal.