Liposuction can be a real turning point for any person who is tired of trying to eliminate flabby pockets of fat with diet and exercise. Having this procedure is not an alternative to a healthy lifestyle. However, it can be the icing on the cake that finally allows a person to look the way they want. More importantly, liposuction can provide significant satisfaction and confidence for the person who has been putting in the work with little reward. Here, we discuss the various areas of the body commonly treated with liposuction.
Patients often want to know where liposuction can be most effective. The truth is, it’s effective pretty much anywhere on the body there is excess fat.
- For the right patient, liposuction of the chin and neck area can be advantageous. For this procedure to achieve an optimal outcome, the patient must have good quality skin that is elastic and will bounce back after underlying fat is removed.
- Liposuction can also be performed on the backs of the arms where there is excess fat and good skin quality.
- In the small area at the front of the armpits, where fat can bulge out from a bra.
- In the chest walls at the sides of the breasts, often to reduce male breast enlargement.
- The abdomen is a common area for liposuction.
- The bra rolls, back rolls, and flanks.
- The inner and outer thighs.
- Liposuction can sometimes be performed on the calves or ankles.
Is there anyplace where liposuction cannot be performed? This is another question we sometimes get asked, and the answer is yes. Liposuction is generally not performed on the face, such as puffy lower eyelids or the cheeks.
Most Areas of the Body Do Well with Liposuction
As you may have guessed, most areas of the body where there is some excess fat can be treated with liposuction. Depending on the area and the specific concern a patient has, Dr. Rosenthal may suggest a combination of liposuction with another procedure. For example, liposuction is often performed with abdominoplasty when this area has excess fat as well as loose, sagging abdominal tissue.
Most areas of the body where there is extra fat can be successfully treated with liposuction, although liposuction alone may or may not be the appropriate therapy. It depends on how much fat there is, how much loose skin there is, and the quality of that skin.
Are you considering liposuction? Contact us at (408) 559-4700 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rosenthal in our office near San Jose.