Mommy Makeover treatment offers significant advantages, such as minimal recovery and maximum rewards. These benefits come from the combination of 2 or more procedures, such as liposuction and breast augmentation, to sculpt the body into better proportions. Understandably, many women who are interested in achieving the results a Mommy Makeover has to offer are also intimidated by the idea of a lengthy recovery. We offer tips here to make the process much more pleasant.
Arrange Time Off
If you work at a desk, you should take at least 2 weeks off work to recover from your Mommy Makeover. If your job is more physically demanding, you will need 3 to 4 weeks of rest to be fully back in the game. And let’s be clear here, parenting is a physically demanding job. If you have small children or pets at home, you will need to arrange time off from caretaking as well.
Healthy Habits for The Mommy Makeover Patient
Healing is not only physical after a Mommy Makeover. It is also necessary to support emotional wellness during this time.
Manage stress by taking off all of the hats you normally wear daily. This can be a challenge because you may not be aware of all the hats you keep! Examples of handing off duties include:
- Wrapping up loose ends at work before surgery. Inform coworkers and colleagues that you are unavailable for one week. Prepare an out-of-office voicemail and email response before surgery so you’re not tempted to fill recovery hours with work tasks.
- Prepare healthy meals ahead of time.
- Hire a dog-walker or make dog-walking and pet care a chore for a family member.
- Create a chore list and go over it with the family before surgery. Offer rewards for keeping up with chores if that feels good to you.
- Create a list of the tasks involved in caring for your needs. Someone may need to help you bathe and take medications for several days.
- Clean the house or hire a housecleaner to come the day before surgery so you come home to a clean, welcoming environment.
Be Properly Occupied
There’s no getting around the fact that physical activity will be limited for several days after a Mommy Makeover. The lack of occupied time can quickly lead to the blues, so prepare ahead of time. When you can’t be physically on the go, it is very helpful to keep the mind stimulated. Purchase that book you’ve been wanting to read. Create a queue of podcasts that sound interesting. Gather magazines, coloring books, puzzles, or other forms of entertainment to fill the hours of your day with activities that feel good.