Is Microdermabrasion Right For You?
Would you like your skin to look smoother and younger? Microdermabrasion may be a good option to consider. Keep reading to learn more about this popular treatment.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a procedure designed to remove dead skin and bring the smoother, softer, lower layer of skin to the surface. The procedure uses a handheld device to apply tiny crystals to your skin. The mild abrasive action is combined with suction to remove the outside layer of dead skin.
The procedure only takes 15-20 minutes and works on all skin tones.
Pairing microdermabrasion and chemical peels
Chemical peels are also designed to remove dead skin and reveal softer, supple skin underneath. At Dr. Rosenthal’s office, microdermabrasion is often combined with the Obagi Blue Peel Radiance procedure to give patients the best possible results.
What are the benefits of microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion and chemical peels offer many benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Correction of hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Softer smoother skin
- Make pores appear smaller
- Minimize the appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Improve acne and reduce breakouts
- Correct damage to your appearance caused by sun exposure
- Make your skin look younger and healthier
Who should consider microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion can benefit a variety of people. The following patients may benefit from microdermabrasion:
- People who want to look younger, but who aren’t ready for a facelift or more intense procedure.
- People who have scars or discoloration on their skin
- People who’d like to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- People who are looking for a quick treatment that won’t interfere with returning to daily activities.
Microdermabrasion is a great solution for those who want to quickly improve their appearance in a very natural looking way. If you’re looking for more dramatic results, it may be wise to ask about injectable fillers that can improve the contours of your face, or a facelift that can significantly improve your appearance. If you’d like to learn more about microdermabrasion and other skin care treatments, schedule a consultation with Dr. Rosenthal. She can help you evaluate your options and choose a procedure that suits you.