When to Opt for Eyelid Surgery
As one of the most frequently performed surgical cosmetic procedures in 2013, eyelid surgery (also known as blepharoplasty) is beginning to take the center stage here at our practice. Men and women alike would often schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Rosenthal to learn more about their eyelid surgery options.
If you’ve been contemplating about having the procedure for a while now but is just uncertain if it’s exactly the type of cosmetic surgery you’re looking for, we’ll help you figure out below!
An eyelid surgery can help you with the following concerns:
- Remove loose and sagging skin in the upper eyelids which could make one appear chronically tired or perpetually upset. Aside from looking unattractive, having excess skin the upper eyelids can seriously impede vision.
- Remove or reposition excess fat around the eyelids and significantly reduce puffiness which in turn results to a well-rested and refreshed appearance.
- Improve the appearance of droopy lower eyelids .
- Add a crease to individuals with monolids (common amongst Asians).
However, an eyelid surgery will NOT help you with the following concerns:
- Reduce the appearance of crow’s feet (wrinkles in the outermost corners of the eyes). Botox is more ideal for this type of cosmetic problem.
- Lift sagging brows. A brow lift or a Botox injection is more appropriate in smoothing out creases and wrinkles in the forehead.
- Remove dark under eye circles. Injecting fillers into tear troughs is more effective in improving this type of concern.
Your Eyelid Surgery Consultation
Now that you’re already aware about the cosmetic concerns that an eyelid surgery can and cannot address, we invite you to get in touch with us so we can help you create a personalized eye rejuvenation plan. Call 408.559.4700 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment with us today!